It’s been so long since I’ve posted and I’ve been experiencing a ton of writer’s block given the current state of the world so I decided that I’d do a get to know me tag, something I’ve never really done before. I got my questions from Fashion Potluck.
1. What is your real name?
My name is Sydney.
2. What is your favorite nickname?
Syd the Kid, which is something a friend in dance class started calling me Syd the Dancer Kid, and somehow the dancer was dropped and now it’s my Instagram handle.
3. Are you named after anyone?
4. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I went to college in Washington, DC. Now I live in Chicago, IL.
5. What is your favorite drink?
I am obsessed with Lemonade from Publix, but if we’re talking alcohol I can’t go wrong with a good Sangria.
6. What is your favorite food?
Crab legs, nothing can top crab legs for me, except maybe a good lemon pepper hot wing.
7. Are you a dog person or cat person?
I’m a dog person but what I REALLY want is a bunny.
8. What is the one item you can’t leave home without?
A lip gloss, I love a clear or nude gloss.
9. What is the last book you read?
I’m currently reading Little Fires Everywhere after watching the Hulu series which was also fantastic.
10. What is your biggest accomplishment?
I’d say graduating from college.
11. What is your favorite color?
Seafoam green is everything to me I love it.
12. What is your favorite fairytale?
If we’re talking straight up stories, it’s Cinderella. If we’re talking Disney adaptations I love Princess and the Frog.
13. Do you have a tattoo?
Nah, never really been interested
14. What piece of technology can you not live without?
My phone, it’s basic but it can literally do any and everything.
15. What is the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
I went to Barcelona for my birthday but for an extended period of time it’s my move to Chicago.
16. What is your biggest fear?
Dissapointing myself. I would hate to let myself down.
17. If you could give your younger self any advice what would it be?
To keep pushing, you’ve got the tools you need but you have to continue to believe in them.
18. The first app you check when you wake up in the morning?
I have a sleep tracking app that I check in to to see how well I slept and log how well rested I feel.
19. What are your hobbies?
Reading and writing for my blog mostly.
20. Describe yourself in one sentence?
I am quirky, funny, and hardworking.
I’d love to know more about those of you who read this blog? Let me know what your favorite food, movie, or color in the comments!