I know you all know I am a self proclaimed lazy natural, who dreads wash day and has the worst twist outs on the planet. But even the most involved naturals can relate to these 6 things.
1. That your hair hates you because it is NEVER dry when it’s time to take out a twist out
I just don’t understand why my hair won’t cooperate. I thought I showed it so much love and this is how my twist out responds, it’s just plain rude.
2. When someone recommends an edge control they swear will work
Spoiler alert: it never works.
3. When people with no understanding of your hair type start trying to recommend products
I get you’re trying to help but I don’t 4C these products working out on my head. Plus, why would I give a girl my thick products and weigh her hair down like that.
4. Finding those holy grail products!
As a natural some times it’s easy to believe you’ll never find the product that you will love forever. However one day you discover the unicorn, you know until it’s discontinued
5. That pushing feeling to want to cut off your hair on wash day, and then getting a protective style because you just can’t do it anymore.
Wigs or a nice set of Marley Twists have saved me from tears more times than I can count.
6. Loving your coils especially when the twist out is perfect!
Because your natural hair is poppin’ even when it’s a bad hair day!
Are you natural? What’s your hair journey looked like? Let me know in the comments! Also, you can check out my journey here.